Where’s My Boyfriend has been a project I’ve been thinking about since one of my guy friends wrote So Where’s My Girlfriend. When I set out to write this book, my mission was to answer all the questions women had in dating, relationships, breakups and everything in between. The more I wrote, the more I realised there was so much to cover and so I decided to split the books out into a series. Here’s an excerpt from the book. Hope you like it!
Excerpt from So Where’s My Boyfriend:
So you’ve met a great guy and you want to know if he’s falling as fast as you are. What signs will tell you that he has fallen for you and is ready to give you that final rose? Men are pretty simple creatures. If he is ready for a long-term relationship with you, you’ll know it. He won’t keep you guessing if he’s your boyfriend.
He Can’t Stop Staring At You
Every man has a picture of his ideal woman in his mind. “When we realize that we’ve found her, and that she likes us back, it’s an unbelievable moment. For this reason, his eyes will constantly gravitate to you – just to make sure that you’re really there”, Dave.
He Finds Reasons To Touch You
A man in love will feel very attracted to you, sexually. He’ll want to feel you close and will think of reasons to touch you. A lingering touch, a hug goodbye, or a caress out of nowhere. Watch out for these signs.
He Treats You With Special Care
Even if you are technically not in a relationship yet, he will start treating you as someone valuable to him. You become more important than going out with the boys. That is a big sign. All in all, he starts treating you as his priority.
He’s Always Thinking Of You And He’ll Show It
He thinks of you when he’s at work and sends you a text message. Even when you’re apart, he remembers you and buys things to give you. He calls all of a sudden, and just wants to chat about nothing at all. When you become a part of his every day, it means that he’s invested in you.
He Unconsciously Stakes His Claim On You
In public, he will act like your boyfriend, even when you have not talked about that yet. His love for you will compel him to do so. He will put his arm on your shoulders, or on your back or hold your hand. He will give threatening looks to other men who gets too close to you, or looks at you in a way he doesn’t like.
He Lets You Win Anything
Winning wouldn’t be as important to him as making you happy. He will start giving in to you. He will start making compromises. If he used to be stubborn about something, and you notice that he agreed with you this time, it means that you’ve become more important than his ego.
He Takes Care Of You
A woman may become irritated when a man tries to fix everything for her. But that’s how they show our love. They feel somewhat responsible for your happiness and well-being.
He Includes You In His Future Plans
He may not notice it, but when he talks about his future plans, you’re there. Like a trip he wants to take, or if he invited you to attend a reunion several months in the future. Or maybe he will start joking about how your children would look like.
He Wants To Be With You All The Time
You will notice that you’re together more often, and he initiates it. Any chance at all to be with you, he will take. A man in love wants to be with his woman and if possible, never let her go.
He Told You So
When you notice the telltale signs above and then he tells you he loves you, that’s it. There’s no reason for you to doubt it. Love is a feeling a man can’t hide for very long.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- Why you need to set your inner GPS to find love
- The mindset work you need to do before you start dating
- The two types of good guys to look out for
- The 5 kinds of dates you’re bound to go on – and how to make the most out of them
- Learn the right way to go about online dating profiles
- How to attract men where ever you go
- Dating etiquette that applies in your 20s, 30s and 40s
- Relationship advice you should probably ignore
- Common mistakes singles make
- How to know if he’s in it for the right reasons
Who this book is for:
- The woman who has been single for what seems ages and wants to change up their love life
- The woman who has recently decided to get serious about her love life
- The woman who doesn’t know what to expect in the age of modern dating
- The woman who has trouble getting past the first initial dates
- The woman who feels empowered to take control of their love lives (I don’t believe in luck in love).